Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday in the Dust Capital of the World

I need to explain weekends in Exile-land, they are not what you might think.  It took months for us to work them out, but roughly this is how they go:

Thursday night is Friday night;
Friday morning is old-fashioned Sunday morning;
Friday afternoon is Sunday afternoon;
Friday night is Saturday night;
Saturday is Saturday; but
Saturday night is Sunday night ...

and Sunday is back to work, which really hurts when the rest of the world is playing golf or whatever.

Surprisingly, having Friday off is not that difficult to get used to.


x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could be worse. Thursday is Saturday. Friday is Sunday. Saturday is work.

Lolamouse said...

I won't complain about any day off! Thanks for your comments on my blog!

Dave King said...

I suppose you MIGHT get used to it, but I think it would do my head in!

Isabel Doyle said...

Actually what is really confusing is the working week - you arrange a meeting for MONDAY but you really mean SUNDAY and then wonder why no one has turned up. Three and a half years later we still get muddled ...